Netsis’ IoT Edge is an Internet of Things (IoT) service that builds on top of IoT Hub. This service is meant for customers who want to analyze data on devices, a.k.a. “at the edge”, instead of in the cloud. By moving parts of your workload to the edge, your devices can spend less time sending messages to the cloud and react more quickly to changes in status.
All gateway patterns provide the following benefits:
• Edge analytics – Use AI services locally to process data coming from downstream devices without sending full fidelity telemetry to the cloud. Find and react to insights locally and only send a subset of data to IoT Hub.
• Downstream device isolation – The gateway device can shield all downstream devices from exposure to the internet. It can sit in between an IT network which does not have connectivity and an IT network which provides access to the web.
• Connection multiplexing – All devices connecting to IoT Hub through an IoT Edge device will use the same underlying connection.
• Traffic smoothing – The IoT Edge device will automatically implement exponential backoff in case of IoT Hub throttling, while persisting the messages locally. This will make your solution resilient to spikes in traffic.
• Limited offline support – The gateway device will store locally messages and twin updates that cannot be delivered to IoT Hub.
• Security - the device runs within your own premises, so all data stays in your own organisation unless you allow external access. You know where your information assets are, and this is critical for any compliance audit. You have full control over your information and infrastructure assets.
• Portability – Support most popular formats and users can easily clone your VM to other formats or hardware.
Edge computing offers four primary advantages over traditional networking:
Our focus for the IoT service is on the data collecting at the edge
Download the Netsis IoT Edge Service brochure
Please fill up the form below to have a download link sent to your email.